Faith Challenged

We are blessed to have some new Christians in our Bible study. These beautiful women don't even have much familiarity with church or the Bible. This is foreign to me and, can I be honest, I am intimidated. I love my Jesus. Just His name brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. I want to serve Him well by teaching these women how to baby step their way into the open arms of our Savior. I don't want to teach them about church rules or religious history. Like John in his gospel, I only want to testify concerning Him [Jesus] (John 1:15).

They ask some good questions. Ones I don't have answers to. They admit being scared of giving wrong answers and saying wrong things. Well, back at ya' girls! I pray the Holy Spirit will teach them, through our little group of women gathering for Bible study, that "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6). He knows our hearts and looks right past our awkward, stumbling acts of faith. He just wants us to love and obey Him.

I'm thankful God gave us these new sisters in Christ. They inspire and challenge me. My faith needs that. So does yours. Has God placed people in your life that challenge your faith? Are you intimidated by conversations you have with other Christians? James reminds us, "In the same way, faith by itself, if not accompanied by action, is dead." (James 2:17) My faith hits the pavement every Wednesday. It's scary but it's active. I pray the same for each of you.